Is Cruise Travel Insurance mandatory?
Do I need Travel Insurance for domestic cruises?
Does Travel Insurance cover cruises?
- Trip Cancellation: This coverage can reimburse you for non-refundable expenses if you have to cancel your cruise due to a covered reason such as illness or injury.
- Trip Interruption: This coverage can provide reimbursement for unused portions of your cruise if you have to interrupt your trip due to a covered reason, such as a medical emergency.
- Emergency Medical and Dental Expenses: This coverage may assist with payment for medical or dental expenses incurred while on your cruise due to illness or injury due to a covered reason.
- Emergency Evacuation: This coverage may include payment for emergency medical transportation to the nearest appropriate medical facility due to a covered reason such as illness or injury while on your cruise and require medical attention that is not available on the ship.
- Baggage Loss or Delay: This coverage can reimburse you for the cost of replacing lost or delayed baggage.
- 24/7 Assistance Services: AXA’s travel plans also include 24/7 assistance services, such as travel and medical assistance, concierge services, and emergency travel services, which can be helpful if you need assistance during your cruise.
It's important to note that the specific coverage and terms and conditions of each plan can vary, so it's a good idea to review the policy documents carefully to understand the coverage provided and any exclusions or limitations that may apply.
Things to consider when buying a Cruise Travel Insurance Policy
Like any other type of insurance, buying a policy for your cruise trip requires taking a close look at it to ensure it offers what you need. Here are a few key things you must consider:
Does your health insurance cover medical expenses onboard a ship?
Many people presume that their health insurance will cover any medical expenses that may be incurred on domestic cruises. That isn’t always a given. Some insurance providers[CR1] do not offer medical coverage onboard a ship or if it is an international cruise. So, it’s important to confirm it.
Do you or traveling companion have a pre-existing condition?
AXA offers coverage for pre-existing medical conditions with the Gold and Platinum plan. The availability and terms of coverage for pre-existing medical conditions may vary depending on the specific plan you choose, nature of your condition, and state of residency.
If you have a pre-existing medical condition and wish to obtain coverage under an AXA's travel insurance policy, you will need to meet certain criteria:
- Your pre-existing medical condition was diagnosed 60 days prior to your effective policy date
- Your premium for pre-existing medical coverage is received within the time-sensitive period of 14 days of the initial trip deposit date
- You are medically able to travel on your departure date
Receive a free quote within minutes
Or call us at 855-327-1441 to speak with our licensed Travel Insurance Advisors.
Monday-Saturday, 8AM-7PM Central Time
Also see: Plan Comparison Table |Silver Plan| Gold Plan | Platinum Plan