Navigating Travel Insurance: Your Guide to "Cancel for Any Reason" Coverage
What is Cancel For Any Reason? (CFAR)
Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) is an optional benefit that allows you to cancel your trip for any reason! It offers flexibility and can be a good option for travelers who want the option to cancel their trip for any reason. When you purchase CFAR coverage, you can cancel the trip without losing your entire prepaid, nonrefundable vacation expenses.
Optional Benefit to Platinum package holders only
The coverage for the Cancel for Any Reason add-on begins on the effective date of your insurance policy. Remember, you can't purchase coverage after your trip (scheduled departure date) has started.
Canceling Your Trip: What is Covered?
Imagine you are gearing up for a getaway, and circumstances lead you to cancel for a reason not usually covered by a travel insurance policy. This is where optional Cancel for Any Reason coverage steps in. It is like having a backup plan for those unforeseen situations. If you have met certain conditions, you can receive up to 75 percent of your prepaid, non-refundable payments or deposits you made for your trip.
Here is what you need to meet:
- Premium Payment Timing: You must pay your insurance premium within 14 days of your initial deposit date
- Ensuring Upfront Costs: Ensure to include all the costs of your trip that have cancellation penalties or restrictions. Remember to cover any additional arrangements made within fourteen days before your trip, especially if they are not through your travel agent.
- Timely Cancellation: If you decide to cancel your entire trip, you cannot cancel the day of.
You must cancel two or more days before your scheduled departure date.
Is Cancel For Any Reason coverage worth it?
This optional benefit would be worth the value if you have any inclinations that you may cancel your trip – whether for personal, professional, health, family, or other reasons. Maximum Benefit: Up to 75% of Trip Cost
What situations might Cancel For Any Reason benefit cover?
This coverage comes into play when you cancel your trip for reasons outside the usual covered scenarios for travel insurance. Whether it be family commitments or you just don’t want to go on the trip anymore, Cancel for Any Reason gives you more flexibility and protection outside your typical insurance coverage.
What is covered with CFAR?
- Prepaid Expenses
- Forfeited Expenses
- Non-refundable Expenses or Deposits
To learn more about this coverage, file for a Free Quote today
Note: Cancel for Any Reason Coverage may not apply to every state. AXA will help determine whether your state of residency qualifies for Cancel for Any Reason coverage by filling out a quote online or by phone.
Why choose AXA Travel Protection?
With a global presence, AXA provides assistance with a wide range of features that include:
- Extensive knowledge of local health risks and medical facilities to respond swiftly in the event of a medical emergency
- 24/7 global team of travel experts that offers assistance and assurance while traveling
Cancel For Any Reason FAQs
What are the requirements for CFAR Benefits to apply to your trip?
- Your premium is received within the 14-day time-sensitive period
- You insure all pre-paid trip costs that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions within fourteen (14) days of the cost of any subsequent arrangements
- You cancel your entire trip two (2) days or more before your scheduled departure date
Can I purchase Cancel for Any Reason at any time?
No, you must ensure you've added this optional benefit within the time-sensitive period, 14 days within your effective date (Start date of travel insurance coverage). If you have started your journey, you can't purchase this coverage.
When does my Trip Cancellation for Any Reason benefit expire?
- Two days before your scheduled departure time on the scheduled departure date of your trip
- The date and time you depart on your trip
- The date and time you cancel your trip
- If you plan to cancel your trip, you must cancel two days before your scheduled departure date
How much am I reimbursed for Cancel For Any Reason?
Maximum Benefit: Upto 75% of Trip Cost
How to get a Travel Protection Quote
Receive a free quote within minutes
Or call us at 855-327-1441 to speak with our licensed Travel Insurance Advisors.
Monday-Saturday, 8 AM-7 PM Central Time
Disclaimer: It is important to note that the specifics of CFAR will depend on the date of purchase and state of residency. Customers are advised to carefully review the terms and conditions of their policy and to act AXA Partners with any questions or concerns they may have.