Understanding Accidental Injuries Coverage for Air Travel
Accidents can happen unexpectedly, and preparing, especially while traveling, is essential. This article explains the details of accidental death and dismemberment coverage for air travel, breaking down the critical points in a simple and clear way.
Coverage for Accidental Injuries
Imagine you are on a plane during a trip, and something unfortunate occurs, causing injuries or loss. This coverage is like a fail-safe for such situations. It provides benefits if you experience certain injuries or losses due to an accident while you are a passenger on a licensed air transportation service during your trip.
|Loss of:||Percentage of Principal sum:|
|Both hands or both feet||100%|
|Sight of both eyes||100%|
|One hand and one foot||100%|
|Either hand or foot and sight of one eye||100%|
|Either hand or foot||50%|
|Sight of one eye||50%|
|Speech and hearing in both ears||100%|
|Hearing in both ears||50%|
|Thumb and index finger of same hand||25%|
The definition of "loss" varies based on the body part:
- Hand or foot: Complete severance through and above the wrist or ankle joints.
- Eye: Irrecoverable loss of sight.
- Speech or hearing: Entire and irrecoverable loss of speech or hearing of both ears.
- Thumb and index finger: Actual severance through or above the joint that meets the finger at the palm
Key Points to Understand:
- What Is Covered: If you are injured or experience loss due to an accident while flying on a licensed passenger plane during your trip, this coverage applies
- Time Limit: The accident-related injury or loss must happen within 180 days from the accident's date
- Principal Sum: The amount of money you can receive as a benefit is based on the Principal Sum mentioned in the Schedule of Benefits
Additional Situations Covered
- Exposure: AXA can provide benefits when exposed to harsh elements due to an accident involving the plane, resulting in injuries. The exposure-related loss must occur within 365 days of the event.
- Disappearance: If your body cannot be found within 365 days after an accident that causes the forced landing, sinking, stranding, or wrecking of the plane, and you were a passenger, AXA can provide benefits to your beneficiaries.
Accidents can happen even during air travel, but having the right coverage can provide you and your loved ones with financial support during tough times. Accidental death and dismemberment coverage ensures that you will have some level of protection in place if the unexpected occurs. Always review the terms of the coverage to understand the benefits and limits it offers.