What is Baggage Delay?Baggage Delay coverage is a type of travel insurance benefit that offers reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred only while en route to your travel destination. Covered expenses may include the purchase of necessary clothing, toiletries, and other essential items located in your delayed checked baggage.
Do I need Baggage Delay coverage?If you are traveling with valuable items or you have connecting flights, it may be a clever idea to consider this type of coverage to protect yourself against the inconvenience and expenses of delayed baggage.
All three of AXA’s travel plans include baggage delay coverage,
maximum coverage per person is up to:
Maximum Benefit: $200
Maximum Benefit: $300
Maximum Benefit: $600
Receive a Free Quote within minutes, decide which plan fits best for your travel needs!
What Qualifies as Baggage Delay
- You must be a ticketed passenger on a common carrier
- All claims must be verified by the common carrier, who must certify the delay or misdirection
- Receipts for the purchases must accompany any claim
- Checked baggage is delayed or misdirected by a common carrier for more than
- (24) hours for Silver and Gold plan policyholders.
- (12) hours or more for Platinum plan policyholders.
With a presence in over 30 countries worldwide, AXA provides assistance with a wide range of features that include:
- Extensive knowledge of local health risks and medical facilities to respond swiftly in the event of a medical emergency
- 24/7 global team of travel experts that offers assistance and assurance while traveling
Baggage Delay FAQs
What should I do if my baggage is delayed?
If your baggage is delayed, you should report it to the airline as soon as possible and obtain a written confirmation of the delay.
Call our claims team: (888)-957-5015
Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM-4 PM Central Time
Is Baggage Delay coverage included in all AXA travel plans?
Yes! Baggage Delay coverage is included in Silver, Gold, and Platinum travel plans.
Coverage limits will differ based on the travel plan selected.
Can I purchase Baggage Delay coverage separately from a travel plan policy?
Unfortunately, you cannot purchase baggage delay coverage separately from our travel plans.
But our Silver plan is our lowest cost plan, which includes baggage delay, trip cancellation, and more.
How to get a Travel Protection Quote
Disclaimer: It is important to note that the specifics of travel coverage for Baggage Delay will depend on the plan selected, date of purchase, and state of residency. Customers are advised to carefully review the terms and conditions of their policy and to contact AXA Partners with any questions or concerns they may have.