Navigating Rental Car Insurance: Your Guide to Protection on the Go
Renting a car can be a convenient option to explore new destinations. However, unforeseen events like collisions, theft or damage can put a damper on your travel plans. To safeguard against such uncertainties, the AXA Travel Protection plan offers an optional rental car coverage benefit. This article simplifies this coverage's complex terms and conditions while outlining your responsibilities in the event of loss due to rental car damage.
What is a Collision Damage Waiver?Rental Car Damage is an optional benefit offered to protect vehicle renters from financial responsibility in case of damage or loss to the rental vehicle. Rental Car Damage benefit typically covers collision damage, theft, and vandalism and reduces the renter's financial responsibility for these costs.
Is the Rental Car Damage benefit necessary?Rental Car Damage benefit can offer valuable protection for rental car damages, including collisions, theft, and vandalism, by reducing or eliminating the renter's financial responsibility for these costs.
What does Collision Damage protect against?Rental Car Damage provides coverage for damages to a rental car caused by:
• Causes not within your control while in your possession
To learn more about Rental Car Damage coverage, file for a free quote.
What type of benefits are provided?
If you choose to include the optional rental car coverage with AXA Travel Protection, here is what you need to know about the protection it provides. Imagine you are on a trip and rent a car, but it gets damaged due to various causes such as collision, theft, vandalism, windstorm, fire, hail, flood or any other reason beyond your control while the car is under your possession. In such cases, AXA Travel Protection can help provide compensation based on the following options:
- (a) Cost of Repairs and Rental Charges: AXA Travel Protection can reimburse you for repairing the car and any charges imposed by the rental company while the vehicle is being fixed.
- (b) Actual Cash Value of the Car: Alternatively, AXA Travel Protection can provide compensation based on the car's actual cash value at the time of the incident.
- (c) Maximum Benefit: The maximum compensation you can receive is determined by the "Maximum Benefit" amount mentioned in the Schedule of Benefits of your AXA Travel Protection plan.
To be eligible for this coverage, you must be a licensed driver and are listed on the rental car agreement.
Maximum Benefit: $35,000
Maximum Benefit: $50,000
This is an optional benefit for both Gold and Platinum policyholders.
Selecting the optional rental car coverage with AXA Travel Protection can offer peace of mind during your journeys. Understanding the coverage options available and your responsibilities in the event of rental car damage is essential to ensure you are prepared for any unexpected incidents. By following the prescribed steps and providing the necessary documentation, you can navigate the claims process smoothly and make the most of your travels without worrying.
We understand that the needs of every traveler are unique, which is why our travel plans allow customers to choose their coverage based on their specific needs. Having your travel insured by an industry leader like AXA means having greater peace of mind
In just a few minutes, you can afford the assurance and support of experts available seven days a week, 24 hours a day, and around the world. AXA Travel Insurance protects you before, during, and after your trip.
Rental Car Damage Benefit FAQs
What are the exclusions to Rental Car Damage benefits?
- Any obligation you assume under any agreement (except insurance collision deductible);
- Rentals of trucks, campers, trailers, off-road or four-wheel drive vehicles, motorbikes, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, or exotic vehicles;
- Any loss that occurs if you violate the rental agreement
- Failure to report the loss to the proper local authorities and the rental car company, and
- Damage to any other vehicle, structure, or person because of a covered loss
Your Responsibilities in Case of Loss
In the unfortunate event of damage to your rental car, there are several steps you must take to ensure a smooth claims process:
- Protect the Vehicle: Your first duty is to take all necessary actions to prevent further damage to the vehicle. This might involve securing the car and ensuring it does not sustain additional harm.
- Report the Loss: As soon as possible, report the incident to local authorities and inform the rental company about the damage. Prompt reporting is crucial for a swift resolution.
- Gather Information: If the damage occurs due to an accident involving another party, gather essential information such as their name, address, insurance details, and driver's license number. This information will aid in the claims process.
- Provide Documentation: To support your claim, you must provide AXA with all relevant documentation. This includes the rental agreement, police report (if applicable), and a damage estimate.
Who is covered under the Rental Car Damage benefit?The insured must be a licensed driver listed on the rental car agreement for coverages to apply.
Why choose AXA Travel Protection?With a presence in over 30 countries worldwide, AXA provides assistance with a wide range of features that include:
• Extensive knowledge of local health risks and medical facilities to respond swiftly in the event of a medical emergency
• 24/7 global team of travel experts that offers assistance and assurance while traveling
How to get a Travel Protection Quote?Receive a free quote within minutes
Or call us at 855-327-1441 to speak with our licensed Travel Insurance Advisors.
Monday-Saturday, 8 AM-7 PM Central Time
Disclaimer: It is important to note that the specifics of CDW will depend on date the of purchase, and state of residency. Customers are advised to carefully review the terms and conditions of their policy, and to contact AXA Partners with any questions or concerns they may have.