Many of us can't wait to pack our bags and return to traveling!
The good news is that some cities and countries are slowly reopening which means we can start planning our next adventures. However, we must keep in mind that we must continue with the necessary health and safety measures. We have included some tips on planning your next vacation.
BEFORE THE ADVENTURE
Before your trip consider the following points:
- Find out if there are any travel restrictions or requirements for the city/country you are traveling to.
- Many countries require a COVID-19 test no longer than 48 hours upon arrival. Others only require the use of a face mask or a mandatory quarantine of 14 days. Please check the Centers for Disease Control website to obtain information on specific country requirements.
- Make sure to have a dependable travel protection plan.
IT'S TIME TO TRAVEL
During your trip do not forget to take the following into consideration:
- When you are in public spaces don't forget to wear your face mask at all times. It should cover your nose and mouth.
- Avoid at all costs touching your nose, mouth and/or eyes at any time.
- Wash your hands frequently for 20-30 seconds with water and soap. Using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol in its formula.
- Avoid being in crowded places and always try to be at least 6 feet (about 2 arm’s length) away from other people.
- If you are staying at a hotel make your reservations and/or registrations online or pay by phone.
- Pack plenty of hand sanitizer and face masks.
LET'S RETURN HOME
After your trip please consider the following:
- Wash your hands frequently and use a face mask when going out in public.
- Keep an eye on your health; pay attention to any symptoms related to COVID-19 no matter how minor they may seem.
- Self-quarantine yourself for 14 days after returning from your trip.
- Get a COVID-19 test should you experience any symptoms related to COVID-19 or if you have had close contact with anyone who has been recently diagnosed.
We hope that these tips can help you before, during, and after your trip. Remember that if you take care of yourself, you take care of all of us.
To obtain additional information related to COVID-19 for the AXA Travel Protection plans please visit: https://www.axatravelinsurance.com/faqs
Disclaimer: Welcome to the AXA Assistance USA Travel Insurance Blog! This Travel Blog is intended to provide you with entertaining and educational information of a general nature. The articles are for editorial purposes only and are not intended to replace the advice of a qualified professional. Please contact AXA Assistance USA if you have any questions.
AXA already looks after millions of people around the world
With our travel insurance we can take great care of you too